none
Mail not be delived to one user, unless sent as a CC or if another user is also in the TO: Field RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have a strange issue that I hope someone has seen before. (Exchange 2003)

I have one user that does not receive mail to her outlook or OWA box if her address is in the To: field. 

If her address is in the CC or BCC field she receives the message.

Additionally, She will receive the e-mail if her address is in the To: field along with another user.  

Trouble shooting thus far:

1.) Confirmed that Exchange message tracker is reporting successful delivery.  Yes

2.) Confirmed that the message is not going to deleted items.  Yes

3.) Confirmed this is also occurring in OWA. Yes

4.) Confirmed no white or blacklists.  Yes

5.) Confirmed Cache mode is enabled. Yes

6.) Setup the account on new workstation and have the same issue.  Yes

This is a very strange issue which I have not seen before.  If her name is the ONLY name in the To: field, the message reports successful, but does not show up in Outlook or OWA.  If her name is the ONLY name in the CC ot BCC field the message is delivered successfully

If you add a second user to the To: field, the message is successful.

So to sum this up; If someone addresses a message just to her, it will report successful but will not be delivered.

If you add a second user to the To field; The message is delivered successfully.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this one.

Thanks in advance!

Greg

Monday, April 21, 2014 11:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you get any NDR message when her name is the only name in the To field? 

Additionally, I recommend you check if any transport rules are applied to her mailbox.

If not, you can try to move the mailbox to other database and check if the issue persist.

Hope this helps!

Thanks.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:59 AM