none
Windows 8 - cannot share a printer error message appears "[Window Title] Printer Properties [Main Instruction] Printer settings could not be saved. There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. [OK] RRS feed

• Question

• Hello i Have the above problem while I try to share a printer on a domain network.

My windows firewall (localy) is also damage, is that the problem that I have to solve first?

Windows 8  - cannot share a printer error message appears "[Window Title] Printer Properties  [Main Instruction] Printer settings could not be saved.  There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.   [OK]

Saturday, March 2, 2013 11:06 PM

Answers

• You may need to reinstall the printer. Remove the printer driver from Control Panel\Programs and Features, then add the printer from Devices and Printers.

Please note that if the printer driver is not in the list in Devices and Printers, I suspect that the printer is currently not compatible with Windows 8. In this case I suggest you contact the printer manfuacturer for more information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, March 4, 2013 8:32 AM

All replies

• You may need to reinstall the printer. Remove the printer driver from Control Panel\Programs and Features, then add the printer from Devices and Printers.

Please note that if the printer driver is not in the list in Devices and Printers, I suspect that the printer is currently not compatible with Windows 8. In this case I suggest you contact the printer manfuacturer for more information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, March 4, 2013 8:32 AM
  • Having the same issue. blaming the printer compatibility doesn't fly.  My Dell desktop having no problem with my 2 HP printers, but my HP Pavillion laptop has had spooler service stalling and now while trying to reinstall drivers having this Endpoint error.  Im using the PCL 6.0 universal HP driver for windows 8.1 64 bit and it wont install.   I have a HP Laser 4050 and a HP officeJet 6550

geoffrey stoner

Sunday, February 2, 2014 5:28 PM
  • This will occur for two reasons in Windows 8/8.1 and the fixes are:

• First possibility is the print spooler and printer extensions services aren't running.  press the WinKey+R and type services.msc, scroll to both and make sure both are started and set to Automatic.
    • The other reason for this occurring will be aimed at more experienced Windows Users who have installed a third party firewall and disabled the Windows Firewall in both the control panel as well as the Windows Firewall Service.  This service, even if you keep Windows Firewall off at the control panel level, is needed in order for sharing printers, amongst other things.  Start the Windows Firewall Service and set it to Automatic... Once done, you'll immediately be able to share your printer.

The one thing this is not due to... drivers or how you installed your printer, virtual or physical. 

Friday, June 20, 2014 12:55 AM

• Please see my post above... Uninstalling/Reinstalling the printer or it's driver will not solve this issue, as this issue has nothing to do with the driver and everything to do with how Windows shares printers, amongst other things. 

This also has nothing to do with printer compatibility and contacting the manufacturer will not only waste quite a lot of your time, they're not going to be able to solve your problem (or they may, but will charge you for it because it has nothing to do with their software or drivers). 

• On a side note, it's becoming habitual for moderators and Microsoft Employees to give B.S. answers to users on forums that have nothing even remotely to do with their problem and will accomplish nothing other than wasting the end user's time and lead to their frustration.  IT IS NOT OKAY TO GIVE A B.S. ANSWER WHEN YOU KNOW BETTER.  You're obviously an experienced Windows user, so if in the future you don't know, why not try GOOGLING the issue someone is asking you about before giving them a B.S. answer instead of simply having no clue and pointing the end user down a road they believe is legitimate because a person can't swallow their pride and say "I don't know".  
    • Secondly, this issue is not some benign issue no one's posted about before... in fact, there's just shy of 21K hits on Google.  Before offering an "expert" opinion, as this is how many end users see moderators, please take a min and Google the issue before posting an answer... it'll save everyone, most of all the end user, a lot of headache.

• Edited by JW0914 Friday, June 20, 2014 1:08 AM
    Friday, June 20, 2014 12:58 AM
  • I was having  this issue.  I followed your advice and started the Windows Firewall service and set to Manual.  I was immediately able to share the printer.  Thank you so much!
    Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:40 PM
  • I wanted to share a brother printer DL 2240D from win8.1 OS and had similar problem. The second option worked for me. I started the windows firewall service and kept it to automatic. After sharing the printer if u still want to disable the firewall you can do so. 

thank you for the fix. 

Thursday, March 29, 2018 7:25 AM