windows server 2016 show as windows 10 in wsus(server 2012r2) RRS feed

• Question

• hi

windows server 2016 show as windows(version 10) in wsus running on server 2012R2 and can not download updates from wsus

how i can solve this problem?

Thursday, October 6, 2016 9:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Taymaz Rsmali,

This issue is still under research, if we got any useful information, we'll feed back as soon as possible. Thanks for your patient.

(Besides, seems you are not the only one meet this issue.)

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 7, 2016 6:46 AM
  • Hi Taymaz Esmali,

Sorry for the later reply, there is a cumulative update for windows server 2016, if you haven't installed it, you may install it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3192366

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 24, 2016 1:53 AM
  • Hi Taymaz Esmali,

Could the above reply be of help, if yes, you may mark it as answer, if not, feel free to feed back.

Best Regards,

Anne

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 3:22 AM
  • Hi,

This is nowhere near an answer. How exactly is this related to WSUS or the problem indicated?

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:38 AM
  • Hi Taymaz Esmali,

Could the above reply be of help, if yes, you may mark it as answer, if not, feel free to feed back.

Best Regards,

Anne

How would an update for server 2016 help with properly showing the version on a windows server 2012 r2 wsus installation. 

It wouldn't.

If you don't stand for something. You will fall for anything.

Monday, April 24, 2017 10:18 AM
  • I fully agree with 'Mindfart' ..... the cumulative update from Sep 2016 is not a fix for servers appearing as Windows 10 in the WSUS console.

The person who marked the answer as correct has the points but does not deserve them.

I will mark my reply as the proposed Answer so someone replies with helpful information.

Andy

• Edited by AndySpecial Thursday, May 18, 2017 2:55 PM
    • Proposed as answer by AndySpecial Thursday, May 18, 2017 2:55 PM
    Thursday, May 18, 2017 2:53 PM
  • I still have not found a solution to this problem.

The cumulative update mentioned by Ann is expired on my WSUS server and can not be approved.

That suggest another KB supersedes it, but have yet to figure out which one.

A search of the MS catalogue for KB3192366 come up empty.

Does anyone know which KB supersedes this one?

thank you

Andy

Monday, June 5, 2017 8:15 PM
  • I have that same problem like Andy and Mindfart. I read whole Internet twice and didn't find solution. If someone find any solution then please let us know.

Greetings

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 7:38 AM
  • Hi,

I had this same issue, i then upgraded my wsus server to windows 2016, this did not appear to initially fix the issue but then i noticed the WSUS server itself was reporting in as windows 2016 server.  So i then deleted the clients that appeared as windows 10 and they registered with the upgraded 2016 wsus server as windows 2016 hope that helps

Regards,

James

• Proposed as answer by AndySpecial Tuesday, November 28, 2017 5:52 PM
    Wednesday, June 28, 2017 11:16 PM
  • Hi,

Thank for this information but i have the same thing with my WSUS on my windows server 2012 and i don't want upgrade to 2016 version for the moment. I'm surprised that Microsoft is not working on this point.

I found this German topic : https://wsus.de/de/Scripts/Windows-Editionen-anzeigen

Regards,

Nicolas.

• Edited by Ndream Friday, October 27, 2017 10:48 AM
    Friday, October 27, 2017 10:42 AM
  • pingu_the_penguin

Voted your answer as correct.

Installing 2016 server and adding the WSUS role, did correctly identify the OS of each client machine..including 2016 servers.

thank you

Andy

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 5:53 PM
  • The link has changed to

www.wsus.de/windows-editionen-anzeigen

Kind regards

Torben

Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:57 PM