Source code/Body content disappearing from messages RRS feed

• Question

• So, here is a fun spin on an old issue with outlook not showing HTML content

I have 2 users, different Windows (8 & 10), different office versions (10 & 13) who have had multiple emails where the body content has disappeared. In each instance, the source code is also blank, yet conversely attachments are unaffected.

I have tried loading outlook in safe mode (same result) and in OWA where they also come up as blank. The latter makes me think it may be exchange, but from that side they are identical to the other 1000 odd users in that particular database, on that particular mailbox server.

From the client side, they are also no different to anyone else at this site. Same policies, same network, all but identical to me. Yet no-one else (about 400 at this site) has had this issue.

This can happen with internal, or external emails, and is completely random, making it impossible to replicate. It is also specific to individual mail items (a reply for example, remains intact in the sent items folder).

Side note, this is not instantaneous. The email sits fine in the outlook client for a little while before it goes blank

My googlefoo seems to have reached its limit with this one, and I’m all out of lightbulbs. Any ideas?

• Edited by RobotSpartan Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:21 PM
    Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How often does this issue happen? 

>>I have tried loading outlook in safe mode (same result) and in OWA where they also come up as blank.

Since you see the same result when view the emails in OWA, it means the emails were received like this or the changes have been synced to mail server. So, starting Outlook in safe mode to view these emails makes no difference. I'd recommend you try to keep using Outlook in safe mode and monitor to see whether this issue will happen again.

Besides, if possible, you may try to exit Outlook and use OWA only to see whether this issue will happen again in OWA.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Steve Fan Thursday, March 1, 2018 1:57 AM typo
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, March 1, 2018 1:57 AM
    Monday, February 26, 2018 9:24 AM