none
Power BI Provisioning goes into a loop and never completes

Question

• After I clicked the Power BI app to provision it for my SharePoint team site, the Power BI header comes up and then alternately flashes between Working on it... and the Power BI header. I waited 30 minutes and it never completes the provisioning.

I'm using IE 10 and Windows 7 with all updates applied.  I am also running McAfee Total Protection.

I've already tried refreshing IE and restoring the IE settings to the default.  I've also tried rebooting the PC and retried with the same results.

Thanks,

Glenna

Saturday, September 28, 2013 5:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Glenna,

Did you add your SPO site and/or the BI Sites app URLs to the browser's trusted sites?
    Sometimes this can cause such behavior. If this is not the case, would appreciate if you can send us your preview tenant name and username to: powerbifn@microsoft.com so we can further investigate.

thanks,
    Meital

Sunday, September 29, 2013 9:06 AM
  • Hi Glenna,

Are you still experiencing this issue ?

Thanks,

Yitzhak

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:40 AM
  • I have the same problem.  I'm on Windows 8.1, IE11.  I just switched from an older model laptop where I could access Power BI no problem.  Now with new laptop I get the loop described above.
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 3:14 PM
  • I have the same problem with Windows 8.1, IE11. I only have the issue with internet explorer on one laptop (Lenovo X1 Carbon) Power BI Site works fine on Firefox and on even on IE11 on other machines.

I have also already tried refreshing IE and restoring the IE settings to the default.  I've also tried rebooting the PC. I have tried clearing my cache as well as removing all sites from the browser's trusted sites list. Nothing works.

Thanks,

Gustavo

Thursday, February 05, 2015 7:01 PM