none
new programs install RRS feed

• Question

• when i try to install new program (as the user) i get a msg that program cant beinstall..only as admin..

so i entered as admin and installed it.. but the program cant run- msg that cant run core application..

so-
    how to allow users to install programs only on drive D (is it possibe to define only 1 folder?)
    tnx
    Friday, November 2, 2007 2:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Amirkkk,

Would you please include the exact error message and program name?

Based on my experience, you may uncheck the following restrictions to test:

[Set Computer Restrictions\Security Settings\Prevent users from creating folders and files on drive C:\]

[Windows Restrictions\General Restrictions\Allow only programs in Program Files and Windows to run]

Please also understand that many programs require administrator privilege to start the installation. To test this, you can create a new user profile with no restriction configured. After that, we can check if the program can be installed under the new user profile.

To allow installing programs from other location, you can refer to the steps in the following thread. However, as I mentioned above, if the user doesn’t have administrator privilege, it will be an expected issue that some programs cannot be installed properly.   

Allow execution programs Program Files – Programmi

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsToolsandUtilities/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2250582&SiteID=69

Best Regards,

Monday, November 5, 2007 3:02 AM