none
Resolving some Host A records from own DNS and Some from Internet DNS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello ,  I have dns server in my organization on windows server 2012 . and also i have configured Forwarder to Google DNS.

here i require that specific Created hostname A records should be resolved by the my own DNS and remaining non existing DNS records for same domain should also be resolved via forwarding to Global DNS. How to implement this?

Thursday, October 6, 2016 8:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>>here i require that specific Created hostname A records should be resolved by the my own DNS and remaining non existing DNS records for same domain should also be resolved via forwarding to Global DNS. How to implement this?

1.As far as I know,it is not possible.

Is this domain your own domain?If it is,DNS server will not to use forwarder,because the authorized name server of your domain replies that record is not exist.

If it is not,you should use conditional forwarder to resolve specific domain.If you want maintain only some specific record,add them to hostsfile file for each host,a .bat file will be easier to do this.

2.And may I ask why you want to do this,let's find out if there is another way could get you to the point.

Best Regards,
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 7, 2016 4:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>here i require that specific Created hostname A records should be resolved by the my own DNS and remaining non existing DNS records for same domain should also be resolved via forwarding to Global DNS. How to implement this?

1.As far as I know,it is not possible.

Is this domain your own domain?If it is,DNS server will not to use forwarder,because the authorized name server of your domain replies that record is not exist.

If it is not,you should use conditional forwarder to resolve specific domain.If you want maintain only some specific record,add them to hostsfile file for each host,a .bat file will be easier to do this.

2.And may I ask why you want to do this,let's find out if there is another way could get you to the point.

Best Regards,
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 7, 2016 4:23 AM
  • Hi Cartman,

Thanks a lot for your valuable reply !

we have two domains for example abc.com and xyz.com, situated at different locations. and there is no trusting between the domains. and we have direct connectivity between them.

when i access the site www.xyz.com from abc.com domain, it goes through the interent. and hostname resolved by public DNS server.

here i want to access site by their private IP, it is also accessible from my site.

To resolve www.xyz.com, i have created dns zone and  A record in my abc.com dns server.

in that case the other hostaname of xyz.com (which are not created ) not accessible. here i want to resolve them via internet DNS.

Friday, October 7, 2016 6:35 AM
  • Hi,

According your description,conditional forwarder and hosts file will be good.

Best Regards,
    Cartman

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 3:07 AM