Global and Current Navigation RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating 200+ subsites that I wish to have the Global Navigation of the parent site, but not the Current Navigation of the parent.  Is there a limit for both of these?
    Monday, December 5, 2011 2:42 PM

All replies

• Hi JMeinecke,

What did you mean that you wish to have the Global Navigation of the parent site but not the Current Navigation of the parent?

If you want to show the Global Navigation when yor are on the subsites, you can select the option "Display the same navigation items as the parent site" via sub-sites->Site Actions->Site Settings->Navigation->Global Navigation section.

And If you mean that you don't want to display the subsites links in the Quick Launch on the left side of the parent site, you can also locate to the Parent site Navigation settings page, select ther option "Display only the navigation items below the current site" in Current Navigation section and hide the subsites link in the Navigation Editing and Sorting section.

Refer to the article about customizing the site navigation,

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-sharepoint-services-help/customize-site-navigation-HA010119100.aspx

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 4:58 AM
  • What I meant was, is there a “limit” to the number of times you can do this?  The default is 20 times for each.  If you go over 20, it will start eliminating tabs at the top, so I have to increase the number in the Site Settings/Navigation section.  I was told that the limit is 50 by someone, but this will not be acceptable for the number of subsites I need. 

Jackie Meinecke
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 1:46 PM