how can i bypass Windows 10 1809 in favor of 1903? RRS feed

• Question

• only a few months back that we started deployin Windows 10 1803 to our developers. because of the bad feedback for 1809 we didn't use it.

now that 1903 is just almost upon us, in WSUS is there a way to block or bypass 1809 in favor of 1903?

i only see selections for 1809 and upwards. i didn't select that because 1809 is included.

• Edited by Reno Mardo Thursday, April 4, 2019 2:55 PM
    Thursday, April 4, 2019 2:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

If you do not need to deploy any version of Windows 10 to 1809, please decline these upgrades for the following headings in the WSUS console:

• Feature update to Windows 10 (business editions/consumer editions), version 1809 x86/x64…
    • Feature update to Windows 10 (business editions/consumer editions), version 1809 x86/x64 2019-03B…

As for Windows 10 version 1903, the official version has not been made public.And I think that product entries in WSUS may not be added until the product is officially launched.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Reno Mardo Sunday, April 7, 2019 9:02 AM
    Friday, April 5, 2019 2:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

If you do not need to deploy any version of Windows 10 to 1809, please decline these upgrades for the following headings in the WSUS console:

• Feature update to Windows 10 (business editions/consumer editions), version 1809 x86/x64…
    • Feature update to Windows 10 (business editions/consumer editions), version 1809 x86/x64 2019-03B…

As for Windows 10 version 1903, the official version has not been made public.And I think that product entries in WSUS may not be added until the product is officially launched.

Regards,
    Yic

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Reno Mardo Sunday, April 7, 2019 9:02 AM
    Friday, April 5, 2019 2:34 AM
  • Hi,

in WSUS product, i don't see any reference to "Feature update...." probably because i didn't select "Feature Pack" in "Classifications" tab?

anyway, 1903 is already listed you can see below.

Sunday, April 7, 2019 9:02 AM
  • Hi, 

Thank you for your response.
    This category involves a feature update of the version change, and its type is 'Upgrades'. In addition to the product 'Windows 10' you have selected, you will also need to tick the category in the WSUS console.

Regards,
    Yic

Monday, April 8, 2019 2:27 AM