How to send a delay message without the recipient knowing what time it was drafted RRS feed

• Question

• how to send a delay message without the recipient knowing what time it was drafted/ or sent to the outbox

I'm using the Outlook at on a PC.

When sending delayed delivery it shows what time the message was sent to the outbox to be delayed.

Is there a way to hide this time stamp so the recipient only sees what time they received it in their inbox?

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Hayze,

>>Is there a way to hide this time stamp so the recipient only sees what time they received it in their inbox?

Normally, recipients won’t know whether this email is delay delivered.

I checked this on my side. Recipient should only see ‘received time’ in their inbox. I also checked message header and the ‘Creation time’ is the date when Outlook sent out the email.

Please refer to my results:

1. I draft the email on 9:25 am and set to delivery on 9:30 am.

2. Outlook sent it out around 9:30 am.

3. In recipient’s Inbox, it shows the received time: 9:31am

4. I open the message header. We can only find the ‘sent out’ and ‘received time’.

Could I know where do you see the draft time? If you check message in your Outbox, you may see the ‘Sent Time’ is the draft time. But recipient won’t see this information.

If you have further concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:38 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, September 12, 2019 4:31 AM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2019 1:46 AM
  • Hi Hayze,

I'm writing to see if there are any updates with this issue? Was the reply above helpful to you?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 7:50 AM
  • Are there any updates with this issue?

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:06 AM