Virtual Server 2005 R2 (without SP1) virtual machine additions needed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I'm in need of Virtual Server 2005 R2 Enterprise (vanilla, without SP1) virtual machine additions (version number 13.552). I'm in the middle of migrating a VM from VS2005R2 to Hyper-V and can't make it work due to old VM additions installed.

If someone happens to have those VM additions somewhere around, may I please ask you to upload it and share a link?

Thanks in advance,

Szymon

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:37 PM

Answers

• Do you have some automation that is expecting this particular version of VMadditions?

The key to the process of moving from virtual server to hyper-v is to remove the VMadditions from the VM (uninstall). 

The problem is that virtual server uses a special HAL that is not compatible with Hyper-V.

Brian Ehlert (hopefully you have found this useful) http://ITProctology.blogspot.com
    Learn. Apply. Repeat.
    • Marked as answer by Jeff Ren Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:15 AM
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 3:07 PM
  • Start the VM in virtual Server, uninstall th eintegration services. Now you can move it to Hyper-V and install the Hyper-V integration services.

Regards, Samir Farhat Infrastructure Consultant
    • Marked as answer by Jeff Ren Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:16 AM
    Sunday, December 25, 2011 4:33 AM

All replies

• Do you have some automation that is expecting this particular version of VMadditions?

The key to the process of moving from virtual server to hyper-v is to remove the VMadditions from the VM (uninstall). 

The problem is that virtual server uses a special HAL that is not compatible with Hyper-V.

Brian Ehlert (hopefully you have found this useful) http://ITProctology.blogspot.com
    Learn. Apply. Repeat.
    • Marked as answer by Jeff Ren Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:15 AM
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 3:07 PM
  • Start the VM in virtual Server, uninstall th eintegration services. Now you can move it to Hyper-V and install the Hyper-V integration services.

Regards, Samir Farhat Infrastructure Consultant
    • Marked as answer by Jeff Ren Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:16 AM
    Sunday, December 25, 2011 4:33 AM