Media Player 11 Does Not Burn But Does Everything Else RRS feed

• Question

• Ever since installing Vista 64-bit, I cannot burn audio with my HP DVD640i lightscribe player. I can burn data through Windows Explorer. Using Vista 32-bit, I can burn audio using SonicRecorder and iTunes. But, I still cannot burn via Media Player. I'm using the latest firmware, have a quad core processor and other newer hardware. However, the dvd drive is a couple years old, but new when I bought it several months ago. Would this be a compability issue or is it Vista. I'm guessing it's Vista Media Player. This has been a problem even before installing 3rd party players; WMP issues was why I installed 3rd party players.

I've deleted upper and lower filters to no avail. My device manager for the drive does not have a burn tab, so there are no options to disable/enable anything.

Anyone with suggestions?

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 6:57 AM

All replies

• I have Windows XP Home on a Dell Dimension.  When I upgraded to Media Player 11, I lost the ability to burn CDs but can still play, rip, etc.  If you type the error message, "Connect Burner and restart the player" in a search engine, you will get tons of hits but no real solution.  I am hoping MS will get us a fix because I have had to switch to Real Player to burn CD's.  Oh, did I mention that this problem only affects Media Player 11.  You can use Nero, Musicmatch, etc. and they work as well.
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 8:38 PM
  •  

Same flavor.

Will not burn. Help!!!!!!!!!

Saturday, March 29, 2008 4:37 AM
  •  jilljulmom wrote:

Same flavor.

Will not burn. Help!!!!!!!!!

Friday, October 3, 2008 8:27 AM