SCOM 2012 Alert severity and priority not visible RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

We have some rules from the cisco ucs management pack in which the sevrity and priority was not mentioned when i pulled out the list from mp viewer.When i checked manually , i found it was blank and when try to see it by overriding it is showing default value as $Data/Params/Param[25]$.Attached is the screenshot of it.

How can we determine what is the severityand priority in this case?

Thanks

Ashish

Thursday, December 21, 2017 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Surely it should be there somewhere in the alert properties. 

EDIT: here's the screenshot as I promised earlier (for a similar kind of alert):

Navigate to the Alert properties -> Configuration tab -> Responses -> View

I don't have this particular MP installed, but I doubt it'd change this process - please check and post back.

Here's an xml of this rule, so apparently you can find out what is the value of $Data/Params/Param[25]$ on the 25th entry of the event 17101 xml in the "Cisco UCS Monitoring Service" log (The first entry under ‘Event Data’ is Parameter 1)

Cisco Ucs Fex Threshold Alert Rule

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sam (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!)

Thursday, December 21, 2017 11:41 AM
  • Hello,

In addition, when you view the properties for the monitor, you may click Alerting tab to check details for alert settings, take physical disk health monitor for example:

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, December 25, 2017 3:10 AM
    Friday, December 22, 2017 2:58 AM