How to disable CTRL+W? RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i will like to disable CTRL+W when on internet explorer.

As i am doing a kiosk mode system, i didn't want anyone to close down my windows.

Thanks!! appreciate help!!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:53 AM

Answers

• I don't know if CTRL+W shortcut can be disabled.

There's a setting in the Local Group Policy Editor that can be configured to prevent users from closing Microsoft Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer: go to Local Computer Policy -> User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer -> Browser Menus and configure the "File menu: Disable closing the browser and Explorer Windows" setting appropriately.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Thursday, October 6, 2011 4:40 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 6:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my knowledge, this shortcut cannot be changed or disabled.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, September 23, 2011 8:45 AM
  • I don't know if CTRL+W shortcut can be disabled.

There's a setting in the Local Group Policy Editor that can be configured to prevent users from closing Microsoft Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer: go to Local Computer Policy -> User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer -> Browser Menus and configure the "File menu: Disable closing the browser and Explorer Windows" setting appropriately.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Thursday, October 6, 2011 4:40 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 6:52 PM
  • how do u do this for chrome tho?
    Thursday, June 18, 2020 11:02 PM