Got stuck on start up screen windows vista configuring updates 3 of 3 but found a solution RRS feed

• Question

• Got stuck on start up screen{configuring computer upates 3 of 3 but found a solution.
    The computer ( windows vista system) was pausing on `configuring upadtes 3 of 3 ) then shutting down and continuing process so not getting onto the startup login screen.In middle of one of the start ups I kept finger on  power on button- until comp switched off   press it again to switch on..waited for the logo to appear ( the computers  make not the miscrosoft one ) then pressed  F8 ( boot menu button) just when  this main logo comes on..this will then go to the main boot menu..there is a list there that asks what preference ..either booting from CD rom or HDD etc..if you choose HDD( HARD DISK DRIVE)as I didnt have access to the cdrom instalation cd. then it will go to a screen that asks if you need to restore..press yes and it should restore ( be patient ..it tells you that it will take few minutes but its longer.. 20 minutes or such.There is a solution and this one worked for me.The restore screen will tell you that you wont lose any data that is on the comp and thats correct..as this is not a factory restore.

• Edited by JonSullivan Saturday, December 3, 2011 2:15 PM
    Saturday, December 3, 2011 2:06 PM

Answers

• Regarding the "Configuring Updates Stage 3 of 3" issue, our Product Development has published a KB article to address the boot up issue.  Please refer to the following link.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, December 12, 2011 3:57 AM
    Monday, December 5, 2011 7:14 AM