Issues with sharepoint 3.1 RRS feed

• Question

• I am having many issues with SBS 2008 and I think it is all based around share point.

No one can access companyweb.

No one can access remote.xxx.org.

can not run Sharepoint central administration.

No one can access there exchange email from outside the intranet.

I have searched varoius sites for assistance but none have repaired the issues.

I have captures to much data to include with this question.

Regards,

Saturday, December 21, 2013 7:37 PM

All replies

• This doesn't really tell us anything in regards to what you have tried.  And there's nothing around what you believe may have solved the issue.  I don't know enough on the Exchange side but we can at least try and solve the rest.  A good place to start is the Central Administration.  Can you be  more specific on what happens when you try to run it?

Some typical things to try are: -

1. Check within IIS to ensure that the Web Application is running.  If it isn't, start it up and try again
    2. Try starting it up with STSADM, using this command "stsadm -o provisionservice -action start -servicetype Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebService -servicename WSS_Administration"
    3. Try running the Installation Wizard again

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:59 PM
    Answerer
  • Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you.

Check IIS, I see the Web app running

Unable to connect to remote server

Try starting it up with STSADM, using this command "stsadm -o provisionservice -action start -servicetype Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebService -servicename WSS_Administration" This is what I get

Provision of service WSS_Administration failed. Additional information: Could no t find file 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\43376\web.config'.. If this is a Web service, IIS must be restarted for the change to take effect. To restart IIS, open a command prompt window and type "iisreset /noforce".

I have two IIS icons on my server, one is IIS manager and the other is

IIS 6.0 Manage

If I open IIS 6.0 manager I see that the Default FTP site is stopped

If I open IIS Manager this is what I see the localhost and everything looks good

I can not find the installation wizard.

Thursday, December 26, 2013 9:56 PM