none
Backup sql cluster from another DPM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

i have 2 DPM servers ( A and B ) and sql ( always on groups ) backup by DPM A. I would like DPM B to take the sql clsuter backups from A. Is this possible and how. B protects also A and some servers from A so i already have disaster recovery for site A. But then i search for the sql cluster in B managemetn console i cannot find it. Is this scenario even possible and if not is there any workaround to backup sql cluster to site B?

Thank you in advance

Ivaylo

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 10:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Ivaylo,

DPM supports to backup to a network location with specific DPM server. Please see if it could help solve the question.

Improving performance with a backup network address

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh757982.aspx

System Center 2012 – Data Protection Manager (DPM) allows you to configure a backup network address to ensure that DPM backups do not slow down your primary network. The backup network address is created when you put separate network adapters on the DPM server and the protected servers and connect them through a separate LAN. As a result, backup data traffic does not impact the primary network.

In order to add a backup network addree, you can use this PowerShell cmdlet:

Add-DPMBackupNetworkAddress -DpmServername "DPMServer07" -Address "10.10.10.0/16" -SequenceNumber 1

See: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh881601(v=sc.20).aspx

If you have any feedback on our support, please send to tnfsl@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 4, 2014 7:33 AM
  • Hello Shaon,

my goal is both DPM servers to backup the sql cluster. The DPM servers are geo separated, so i want full disaster recovery if Site A or B fails. Hope this clear a little bit my struggle :)

Thank you for your help.

Thursday, December 4, 2014 7:51 AM
  • Any ideas?
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 9:53 AM