Windos 8 CPU uptime RRS feed

• Question

• am using windows 8 sl in my lap. before few days i seen that cpu up time in task manager is 1day 8hrs something like that. but i never used my lap that much time. what this time means? and my windows is taking a lot of time to restart .

Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:04 PM

Answers

• Its how long its been since your machine has been restarted/shutdown.  You probably keep your laptop in sleep or hibernation mode and the CPU Uptime keeps ticking away while its in sleep mode and thus why it states 1 day 8 hours.  Reboot your laptop and you'll see that uptime reset.  

Be kind and Mark as Answer if I helped.

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Thursday, September 5, 2013 2:20 AM
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:35 PM
  • this happens becasue of the new Shutdown/Boot mechanism from Windows 8 which is basically a logoff + Hibernation.

MS explained this here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2011/09/08/delivering-fast-boot-times-in-windows-8.aspx

And with hibernation the counter is not reseted.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Thursday, September 5, 2013 2:19 AM
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:12 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Its how long its been since your machine has been restarted/shutdown.  You probably keep your laptop in sleep or hibernation mode and the CPU Uptime keeps ticking away while its in sleep mode and thus why it states 1 day 8 hours.  Reboot your laptop and you'll see that uptime reset.  

Be kind and Mark as Answer if I helped.

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Thursday, September 5, 2013 2:20 AM
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:35 PM
  • this happens becasue of the new Shutdown/Boot mechanism from Windows 8 which is basically a logoff + Hibernation.

MS explained this here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2011/09/08/delivering-fast-boot-times-in-windows-8.aspx

And with hibernation the counter is not reseted.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Thursday, September 5, 2013 2:19 AM
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:12 PM
    Answerer