Send Email to affected users RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

how can I send a EMail to the Users of a Service when a activity of a release record starts. I had no luck

Any hints?

Thursday, July 2, 2020 7:58 PM

All replies

• This should be possible.

• Create a notification template for the activity class (manual or review activity)
    • Create a subscription
    • Select class (manual or review activity)
    • Select when the notification workflow should be triggered: When an object of the selected class is updated
    • Choose Changed from "Status not equals In Progress" Changed to "Status equals In Progress
    • Choose the notification template created before
    • Choose the Assigned To User as Related Recipient

This way the Assigned To User gets a notification if the activity enters the status "In Progress" 

Hope this helps

Andreas Baumgarten

Friday, July 3, 2020 9:39 AM
  • Hi Andreas,

thanks for your reply. 

Sorry I didn't meant the owner of the service. I mean the affected users of a service. LIke notification to EndUsers to inform about e.g. a downtime.

Regards Bernhard

Friday, July 3, 2020 10:42 AM
  • Ah got it.

For this requirement I would use Orchestrator and a Runbbook because it's way more complicated to get all the relationships sorted (Release Record relates to Business Service, Business Service relates to Affected User)

Andreas Baumgarten

• Proposed as answer by Stefan HorzMVP Wednesday, July 8, 2020 11:13 AM
    Friday, July 3, 2020 11:28 AM
  • Hi Andreas, 

thanks. I tried mit SCORCH but it's difficult. I have the feeling that some classes are missing when using the default "Get Relationship"-Task".

I ended up in this construct:  The Get-Object Tasks work well and provide the users I "need", but then the PS Script fails, even the data is connected  to it 

Any hints?

Regard Bernhard

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 11:25 AM
  • Easiest way to get the email address of a user is using the "Get User" Activity of the AD Integration Pack, if the affected User exists in AD and is synced by AD connector.

Get Affected User (SCSM Activity) -> Get User (AD Activity, Filter: SamAccountName = Username of Get Affected User) - in the Email property of the result should be the email address.

Make sure the Junction activity is passing the "Get Affected User" results to the next activity.

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 11:43 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going? Please let us know if there is any progress.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 24, 2020 2:36 AM