none
Recatalogue Tape is not working RRS feed

• Question

•  

Dears,

While doing a re-catalogue a tape. It was failed. Below is the error message. ID 911

DPM was not able to complete this job within the allotted time.

any idea on the same. Will be helpful 

Thursday, July 23, 2020 4:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It looks like there is something wrong with the media itself. It should not take more than 24hours to catalog a 40gb tape. This points me toward a bad media.

You can make a right click on the tape, select view tape content and copy data to a network location. See if you can copy data off it. If it fails too, then I believe it is the media which is at fault. Try this test and we will know more about the outcome.

Regards
    Aayoosh Moitro

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In DPM, whenever a job is triggered it has a default allocated time. The respective job must complete before the time allocated otherwise it will fail with the same error message. Unfortunately there is no way to change the default allocated time for a given job (not officially).

What is the Tape capacity you are trying to Catalog? 

Regards
    Aayoosh Moitro

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Thursday, July 23, 2020 4:55 PM
  • Hi,

Total capacity of the tape is 6 TB below info may be useful for your references.

The jobs run for 24 hrs and failed.

Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:11 PM
  • also, i see some 40 GB data written in the tape. which i see from management tab.
    Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:12 PM
  • Hi,

It looks like there is something wrong with the media itself. It should not take more than 24hours to catalog a 40gb tape. This points me toward a bad media.

You can make a right click on the tape, select view tape content and copy data to a network location. See if you can copy data off it. If it fails too, then I believe it is the media which is at fault. Try this test and we will know more about the outcome.

Regards
    Aayoosh Moitro

Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:27 PM