Calendar and Tasks Retention Tags with ru4 RRS feed

• Question

• When I go to make a Retention Tag in EMC there is no Calendar or Task option, what am I missing?
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:20 PM

Answers

• Ah, Ok. I see what you are asking now.

You have to create the RPTs for Tasks and Calendar Items using the shell.

Example:

New-RetentionPolicyTag -Type Tasks -Name "Tasks Tag" -RetentionAction DeleteandAllowRecovery -AgeLimitForRetention 30

You should be able to see it in EMC after that.

Note:

The supported retention actions are: DeleteAndAllowRecovery, PermanentlyDelete, MarkAsPastRetentionLimit. Note that calendar and task items can be moved to the archive mailbox via the MoveToArchive retention action that is associated with the All or Personal retention tag type.

• Marked as answer by Moose1300 Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:01 AM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:27 PM

All replies

• http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2012/08/14/calendar-and-tasks-retention-tag-support-in-exchange-2010-sp2-ru4.aspx

Default Policy Tags (DPTs) used to move or delete items will now apply to Calendar and Tasks folders.
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:25 PM
  • OK so in my DPT's I want to make an exception to Calendar and Tasks let say expire in 365 daya but messages expire 180 days?

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:38 PM
  • Ah, Ok. I see what you are asking now.

You have to create the RPTs for Tasks and Calendar Items using the shell.

Example:

New-RetentionPolicyTag -Type Tasks -Name "Tasks Tag" -RetentionAction DeleteandAllowRecovery -AgeLimitForRetention 30

You should be able to see it in EMC after that.

Note:

The supported retention actions are: DeleteAndAllowRecovery, PermanentlyDelete, MarkAsPastRetentionLimit. Note that calendar and task items can be moved to the archive mailbox via the MoveToArchive retention action that is associated with the All or Personal retention tag type.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:27 PM
  • Cool that was what I was missing, Thanks!

• Unmarked as answer by Moose1300 Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:01 AM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:01 AM