Citrix Access Gateway Pre-Authentication Check Expression for FCS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm implementing a Citrix CAG (9.2 Enterprise) for remote access, and as part of the configuration I need to write a pre-authentication expression that will verify the remote client is funning FCS & that all definitions are up to date.

In the expressions I can check for the presence of files (& date of them), registry entries, running processes & services etc.

I already written an expression that checks to see if the service is running, and now I need to extend this to ensure the definitions are up to date and scheduled scans have happened as configured.

I've found I can determine the definitions by looking at the date of the files in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Forefront\Client Security\Client\Antimalware\Definition Updates\Backup" which will give me the def date before the one that is currently running.

This method of checking the defs seems crude to me, and I wondered if anyone had any other ideas on how it could be done. I guess the ideal would be to somehow check the condition of the taskbar Icon, which already reports the current state. Is there a setting in the registry where this can be queried.

Any ideas welcome, of if by chance someone has already written a pre-auth expression for FCS that would be great! In any case I will post whatever expression I go with.

Thanks 

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 7:29 AM