none
SC DPM 2012 R2 Licensing - resources? RRS feed

• Question

• I know this isn't a licensing forum, but I'll throw it out there anyway...

I've been running DPM (2010, 2007 and earlier) for many years - it's been a terrific solution for my environments.

I've downloaded & installed a 180-day trial of DPM 2010 R2 and it's running really well with Azure cloud integration - love it!

I'd like to purchase the licensing needed for DPM 2012 R2 *now* so I can continue to run it in production once the trial expires, however I've been unable to locate good resources on licensing *just* the DPM 2012 R2 component of SC. Unfortunately, I'm in a relatively small environment and will be unable to implement the full SC suite - but DPM 2012 R2 is now a critical piece of my infrastructure.

Can anyone point me to some DPM 2012 R2 (only) licensing resources? (and/or contacts?)

Best regards.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Licensing is totally different in DPM 2012 and is now only available as part of the System Center Suite.

See the following - there is a link to pricing and licensing datasheet.

How to buy System Center 2012 R2

Basically you need to purchase the retail product and then perform an in-place upgrade over the top of the evaluation version.  

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:23 PM