FSMO role error ; event ID 2092 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

First of all let me preface this by saying I just joined with a new company and they have no prior knowledge of their systems. For the past few months I have been working backwards putting the pieces together.

My domain controller is showing event 2092 twice every 15 minutes with the following messages:

"This server is the owner of the following FSMO role, but does not consider it valid. For the partition which contains the FSMO, this server has not replicated successfully with any of its partners since this server has been restarted. Replication errors are preventing validation of this role. Operations which require contacting a FSMO operation master will fail until this condition is corrected.

FSMO Role: DC=cbbdal,DC=local "

"This server is the owner of the following FSMO role, but does not consider it valid. For the partition which contains the FSMO, this server has not replicated successfully with any of its partners since this server has been restarted. Replication errors are preventing validation of this role. Operations which require contacting a FSMO operation master will fail until this condition is corrected. 

FSMO Role: CN=RID Manager$,CN=System,DC=cbbdal,DC=local "

Now, 

I have found in AD sites and services my current DC with two other old DCs

The current DC has two automatically generated replication tasks from the two other old DCs.

My question is simply if these two tasks are deleted will the 2092 error stop happening? The two other old DCs are non existant and with Ntdsutil I see that the current DC has all 5 fsmo roles.

Any help would be appreciated.

Monday, January 14, 2013 6:33 PM

Answers