Outlook 2013, Windows 10 - In box does not show any e mails RRS feed

• Question

• In box does not show any e mails. If I use the search feature, I can see the emails, but none of my folders show any e mails. I have two e mail addresses (both @aol.com) and one works perfectly, the other has the condition as described.

I have removed the offending account and reinstalled it, but the problem persists.

Thursday, September 27, 2018 1:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Peabodyn,

>>  If I use the search feature, I can see the emails, but none of my folders show any e mails. 

Do you mean all folders of the problematic mailbox are empty or only the Inbox folder?
    What if hovering over the message in the search results and see which folder does the message belongs to?
    How did you configure the account into Outlook, using IMAP or POP3?

Please try selecting the empty folder, click Update Folder on the Send/Receive ribbon and see the result.

Besides, it is suggested to have a look at the webmail of this mailbox and check whether the messages are all visible there. 

It the issue persists, please try creating a new Outlook profile and add the problematic account to see if there will be any improvement.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, September 28, 2018 2:49 AM
  • Hi Peabodyn,

Just checked in to see if you have seen my post above. If the reply was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so that others who might have a similar issue can benefit from your thread? If you fixed the issue with your own method, it is also appreciated if you can share with us.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, October 4, 2018 8:41 AM