New Laptop extremely slow within our company network, fast internet speeds. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone, not to sure where I should post this but here is my senerio.

We just bought some new laptops at work, they where windows 8, so we uninstalled and put on Windows 7. I found all the drivers for Windows 7 and there is nothing warning me in devices in computer management.

I downloaded and installed all updates (450 MB). I can search the internet fast, but anything that I try to access within our network takes forever to process. My network drives are not getting connected even tho when I run Rsop.msc i can see that our scripts have been applied. If I leave the laptop on for over an hour the network drives finally show up.

What would make access the internal network slow, only on these new laptops? With both wi-fi and hard cable.

Thanks for any advice.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to apply this following hotfix to check result:

When you try to access files on a network share, Windows Explorer stops responding on a computer that is running Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2550581

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:09 AM
  • I can't see this as my problem as Explorer does not stop responding, it just takes forever to load. When looking at the navigation bar i can see it loading but taking a very long time.

For instance my mapped network drives will not show up untill I have been logged in for about an hour.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:30 PM