conversation history RRS feed

• Question

• How can I remigrate conversation history from Outlook to O365?

We have an issue where we had a policy set to delete conversation history in Exchange online after 30 days.

Some of our users are saying this is causing issues for them so we have removed the policy.

How do I re-migrate the conversation history into O365. I ahve tried a "new-moverequest" script and also used the admin centre to create a new migration for 1 user (as a test, about 500 to check) but both fail as the user already exists in another batch.

I don't want to remove the users from the original batch or delete their online accounts as it will cause other issues

Anybody know of a way around this or a script that will do this

TIA

Andy

• Moved by Steve Fan Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:17 AM Move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Tuesday, September 26, 2017 2:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

Do you mean you want to migrate the mailboxes again to Office 365? If this is the case, I'm afraid it's not possible to achieve it if you don't want to remove the users from the original batch or delete their online accounts. 

If you just want to migrate the conversation history, you may consider to export the conversation history to PST and then import to users' mailboxes. 

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, October 6, 2017 9:30 AM
    Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:16 AM