none
Entering in 75% Complete but MS Project (2010) is changing it to 100% RRS feed

• Question

• This is only happening to some tasks not all.  If I lower the % Complete to 50 then MS Project accepts that.  Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks!!

Thursday, November 6, 2014 12:03 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It depends on how you've allocated your resources, task types etc.

I have put together an example and when I enter 50% the task is marked as completed

The task type is Fixed duration in my case

and when I enter 25% everything is fine. As soon as I try 50% or 75% the task is marked as completed.

The reason for that is that my resource works only the first 2 days on this task

Hope this helps

Paul

Thursday, November 6, 2014 11:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is it happening on a single project? In case it is, it might be corrupted. To repair it, try the XML export or the save for sharing method.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, November 6, 2014 3:27 AM
  • This is a tough one. If your plan is not corrupt as Guillaume suggest, then we would need to know a lot more about the schedule and your methods. There is always a logical explanation for these things when corruption is not the answer.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, November 6, 2014 10:49 AM
  • Hi,

It depends on how you've allocated your resources, task types etc.

I have put together an example and when I enter 50% the task is marked as completed

The task type is Fixed duration in my case

and when I enter 25% everything is fine. As soon as I try 50% or 75% the task is marked as completed.

The reason for that is that my resource works only the first 2 days on this task

Hope this helps

Paul

Thursday, November 6, 2014 11:02 AM