Use of System Center App Controller 2012 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I am new to System Center .I have a System Center Environment at my wokplace. It has SCVMM , SCO and SCCM  deployed . A web-based user interface is provided for end-users. So my query was .... Can i replace that UI with system center app controller ? 

If yes , then why and what are the benefits of doin that ? and vice-versa ......

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 1:57 PM

Answers

• Hi AmitK05,

App Controller will give you web based interface for the creation and operation (e.g. start/stop/checkpoint) etc of virtual machines that are running in either VMM or in Windows Azure.

If you need a single console to view virtual machines that are running in Azure or in VMM then App Controller is likely a good option.

App Controller is also a good option even if you are only using VMM and need a portal to let users create and operate virtual machines.

Without knowing the functionality of your current portal and what you need a self service portal to do, it is a little hard to know whether App Controller can replace your current portal.

It is important to note that App Controller is a Silverlight portal and can only be used on devices that support Silverlight.

Kind Regards,

Richard

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 4:23 AM