Media Center RRS feed

• Question

• Will MS ever update Media Center and will it ever be available in Windows 10?? 
    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:42 PM

Answers

• Will MS ever update Media Center and will it ever be available in Windows 10?? 

MS is dropping Media Center in Windows 10. No more.

Source

excerpt:
    Will Windows Media Center be available in Windows 10?     

Windows Media Center is not part of Windows 10 and won’t be available after upgrading to Windows 10. If you use Windows Media Center, we will alert you during upgrade that Windows Media Center is not available on Windows 10. We know that some users use Windows Media Center to play DVDs, and we are providing a free DVD playback app in Windows 10 for Windows Media Center users.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:45 PM

All replies

MS is dropping Media Center in Windows 10. No more.

Source

excerpt:
    Will Windows Media Center be available in Windows 10?     

Windows Media Center is not part of Windows 10 and won’t be available after upgrading to Windows 10. If you use Windows Media Center, we will alert you during upgrade that Windows Media Center is not available on Windows 10. We know that some users use Windows Media Center to play DVDs, and we are providing a free DVD playback app in Windows 10 for Windows Media Center users.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:45 PM
  • It has been deprecated and if it is installed when you upgrade it will be removed

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 4:01 PM
  • You will need to install other third party software.  I'll be looking at the twonky media server to provide a dlna service to my aging roku media streamers. I'd also recommend plex, there is a media server back end, and various streamers for windows, tablet and phones.
    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 5:52 PM