SharePoint 2013 Patching - Enterprise Edition RRS feed

• Question

• Quick question to clarify patching.

I have the enterprise 2013.  Does the enterprise patch for June 11 contain the foundation bits as well?

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:59 PM

Answers

• SharePoint June Enterprise patch can be used for SharePoint Foundation as well. Simply for you Answer Yes it can be used for both enterprise & foundation.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 8:18 PM

All replies

• SharePoint June Enterprise patch can be used for SharePoint Foundation as well. Simply for you Answer Yes it can be used for both enterprise & foundation.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 8:18 PM
  • Thanks Sharath,

So to be clear, I do not need to run the foundation executable or the standard executable prior to running the enterprise executable since it contains all the enterprise features and patches accordingly?  

I am looking for specific microsoft documentation that states that but I have yet to find it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4464597/security-update-for-sharepoint-enterprise-server-2013-june-11-2019

Thanks,

-Bob

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 8:21 PM
  • That's true you don't have to install any other .exe's other than enterprise .exe

sharath aluri

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 8:38 PM
  • Hi,

If sharath's reply is helpful to you, you could mark it as an answer. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 6:53 AM
  • Hi Robert.

As you know, SharePoint Foundation is the main pillar and the core of each SharePoint edition (SharePoint Server is a superset of SharePoint Foundation): if you install a CU targeting SharePoint Server, the underlying SharePoint Foundation components will be upgraded as well.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 10:05 AM