Outlook Default Templates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Can someone please guide me in setting up a "New Mail" default message template, I have already saved the template I wish to use under the templates folder in ...Appdata-Roaming-Microsoft-Templates... in the .oft format but I am struggling to set it as my default theme or message format.

Please Assist

Monday, November 6, 2017 7:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What do you want to change for the default message template? If you only want to change the theme or message format, you can change them under File > Options > Mail > Stationery and Fonts:

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 7:08 AM
  • Hi,

I want a type of Table to appear as default when opening "New Mail".

Regards

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 4:33 AM
  • Hi,

We cannot change the default form/template opened when clicking "New Mail" button. You may just copy the *.oft file to your desktop and double click the *.oft file to start a new email message. Otherwise, you will have to choose the template from Home tab > New Items > More Items > Choose Form.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:39 AM
    Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:39 AM