windows explorer and Administrative rights RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm looking for a way to make windows start on an other program than desktop. Is there a way to customize the windows explorer so my program would replace the desktop without affecting the explorer functionalities. I also want to know if there is a way to give the User Access Control exceptions so a program doesn't need to wait for the user to click 'yes' on the uac prompt to run.

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 7:21 AM

Answers

• well, in my opinion, it's maybe but almost impossible to achieve this goals. Windows Explorer is a Shell when system enabled GUI mode. That's belongs to Windows kernal design and programmer have no rights to access.

Actually, there is only one condition we don't need Windows Explorer: boot Windows into CMD mode.

On the other hand, even if there was method to do this, Microosft doesn't support this behavior, because in case a program pretend itself to be Windows Explorer, the current system user profile information was probably stole by Criminals.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:12 AM
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 2:32 PM

All replies

• About the UAc part this works goo.gl/IMeL9z. Still waiting for answers on the desktop customization. Thanks

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 8:14 AM
  • Looks like you are trying to make a virus?

Starting another shell without user's confirmation?

The last time I saw this behavior was with "Police" virus.

I hope that antimalware solutions recognize and block such behavior.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 9:13 AM
  • The computer I'm using this on is suppose to run a program at start up and work as a server but the UAC prombt didn't allow me to make it so and it need human intervention.

Also the program I found that helps you do that is in the microsoft website so not only viruses use that behaviour and I'm sure lots of people have the same issue.

Anyways I already have that part covered, what I need now is to make windows start on an other program than Explorer or explorer with a personalized desktop ( no star menu or taskbar). Is that possible ?

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 9:31 AM
  • well, in my opinion, it's maybe but almost impossible to achieve this goals. Windows Explorer is a Shell when system enabled GUI mode. That's belongs to Windows kernal design and programmer have no rights to access.

Actually, there is only one condition we don't need Windows Explorer: boot Windows into CMD mode.

On the other hand, even if there was method to do this, Microosft doesn't support this behavior, because in case a program pretend itself to be Windows Explorer, the current system user profile information was probably stole by Criminals.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:12 AM
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 2:32 PM