Windows server cluster not discovered and monitored RRS feed

• Question

• On a 2 node cluster (server 2012r2) the discovery and monitoring of the cluster fails.

The cluster is discovered but not monitored.
    The cluster nodes are discovered but not related to the clustername

In the eventlog of one of the clusternodes i see these events:

Eventid 21402
    Forced to terminate the following process started at 1:20:21 PM because it ran past the configured timeout 300 seconds.
    Command executed:    "C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "Microsoft.Windows.Server.MonitorClusterDisks.vbs" false "ClusterDiskMonitoring" "nodename-cn-03-d.domain.local" "nodename-cn-03"
    Working Directory:    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent\Agent\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 1\22000\

Workflow name: Microsoft.Windows.Server.ClusterDisksMonitoring.ClusterDisk.Monitoring.CollectPerfDataSource.FreeSpaceMB
    Instance name: nodename-cn-03-t0-dtc_F:

EventID 21414
    Data was found in the output, but has been dropped because the Event Policy for the process started at 1:20:21 PM has detected errors.   The 'ExitCode' policy expression:
        [^0]+
     matched the following output:

Command executed:    "C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "Microsoft.Windows.Server.MonitorClusterDisks.vbs" false "ClusterDiskMonitoring" "nodename-SQ-21.domain.local" "nodename-cn-03"
    Working Directory:    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent\Agent\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 1\19068\

Eventid 10000
    A scheduled discovery task was not started because the previous task for that discovery was still executing.
    Discovery name: Microsoft.Windows.6.2.Cluster.Monitoring.Discovery
    Instance name: Cluster Service
    Management group name: MAN01

I see there were some issues before in the windows operating system pack but we already run the latest version 6.0.7323.0
    And for the cluster packs i use the most recent versions 10.0.6.0 for the library and 6.0.7291.0 for cluster 2012r2.

Symantec antivirus exclusions have been set correctly.
    The cluster itself is not huge, it contains of 3 cluster resource groups and 30 disks.

Any idea what this could be or how to approach?

Ronald

Monday, October 15, 2018 12:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For this problem, we may try the following to see if it helps.

1, increase the maxRequestLength under httpRuntime in web.config file of Reporting Services
    2, make sure the SQL Broker is enabled on the OperationsManager DB server

Hope the above information helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    -----------------------------------------------
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, October 16, 2018 2:37 AM
  • Alex,

I checked the sqlbroker and it is enabled.

About the maxRequestLength, i cannot imagine what influence the settings of reporting services (of scom i guess) have to do with an discovery on a remote agent...can you clearify that?

Ronald

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 8:11 AM
  • Hi Ronald,

Sorry for the confusion caused. Someone else provide the solution for the similar scenario and it worked. For our situation, as you mentioned above, the MP version is 6.0.7323.0, however, this is for all 2012r2, 2012, 2008r2, 2008 and 2003 OS. We may check to make sure 2012r2 is listed via the following command.

Get-scommanagementpack | where {$_.version -like '*6.0.7323*'} | format-table -autosize

If 2012r2 is not listed, we may download it from below link, extract it and import it.

System Center Management Pack for Windows Server Operating System
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=9296

If the problem persists, we may try to increase the maxRequestLength to see if it helps.

Hope the above information helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    -----------------------------------------------
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:01 AM
  • HHi Alex, as you can see i've got the same output so the pack is indeed installed. So i'm very curious for your possible solution.

Ronald

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:27 AM