none
Unable to See Edit,Delete RRS feed

• Question

• I migrated the Content database and project server database and PWA from one server to another server in Project server 2013 by using powershell.But after moving PWA is created but when i go to Central Admin>Application Management>Manage Service Application>Project Service Application.Then when i click on desired PWA then Inspite and "Edit","Delete","Manage"and "View".Only "Retry" and "Manage" are visible .What should i do to bring those option.Please Help

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 8:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Ashish,

Sounds like your PWA instance has encountered and provisioning problem - can you tell us the error message it displays in the event log after pressing retry?

The fact you don't have the edit option may mean that you are using Central Administration as a user that does not have permission to manage the Project Service Application - or you launched Central Admin by entering the URL into an existing browser rather than selecting Central Administration from the start menu of the machine. (Some capabilities vary in central admin depending on how you launch it)

If you really get into trouble you could look into removing the PWA instance by using the powershell command 'Dismount-SPProjectWebInstance' - and then try your migration again.

Cheers,

James.

James Boman BSc. MCP:EAD -

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 11:47 PM
  • Hi Ashish,

You could refer to this similar thread where experts propose a lot of resolution ideas. This might help.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, March 19, 2015 8:22 AM
  • James i remove the PWA Instance using powershell command 'Dismount-SPProjectWebInstance' and then again migrate it but the same problem is being hapining again.
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 8:31 AM
  • James i remove the PWA Instance using powershell command 'Dismount-SPProjectWebInstance' and then again migrate it but the same problem is being hapining again.

Wow - this is an interesting one.  I have been able to reproduce this behavior, and chances are there is nothing wrong with your PWA.  

This behaviour appears to change depending on where you are browsing from - I was able to reproduce this behaviour everywhere _except_ browsing from the console of the machine where the Project Server Service application is running..

I did several experiments using the same windows user account, UAC is disabled in all cases, and browsing on the Farm machines was initiated from the start menu item for Central Admin:

- Browse using the console of the machine running Project Server Service App = unaffected, delete appears.

- Browse using the console of another farm machine NOT running Project Server Service App = no delete

- Browse using Chrome from my local machine, also results in no delete

So in conclusion, I suspect this might be a symptom of the traditional 2nd hop NTLM authentication issue between the central admin app pool and the PSI, and that the delete option only appears if you are browsing from the console of the machine running the Project Server Service application, or you have Kerberos constrained delegation properly set up and working.

If you could please browse from the console of the machine running the Project Server Service App and report back - that would be great.

Thanks,

James.

James Boman BSc. MCP:EAD -

• Edited by James Boman Thursday, March 19, 2015 11:36 PM to add awesomeness
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 11:26 PM