In Need of Help RRS feed

• Question

• For some odd reason, when I log into my computer with my Microsoft account, I see the default background along with a box saying that the computer can't sign into my account "at this time" and to try again later. This all started yesterday afternoon when I was longing in to do some research for a project. I did what was instructed, signed out, shut down the computer, and left it on my desk. This morning I try to sign in and the same thing happened again. I have tried everything, reset my computer, reset my password (3 times), and I still can't sign in. I have feeling that it may have something to do with Windows 10. Please find and give a solution to this problem, thank you for your time.
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 10:17 PM

All replies

• See if the following will help......................

Restart your computer but do NOT even try to sign in.
    At bottom right of the screen, there should be 3 icons > Ease of Access, Networking and Power.

Left click at the Power icon will get you Restart option. Yes ?

If yes, then press the Shift key and HOLD it > click Restart (from the Power icon).
    Click Troubleshoot > click Advanced options > click System Restore. Pick a date you did NOT have this sign-in problem as your restore point.

Tutorial on how to do system restore in case you need it.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4588-system-restore-windows-10-a.html

**** adding................

If you do system image backup regularly, you can also select System Image Recovery instead of system restore.

Friday, March 10, 2017 1:36 AM
  • Hi Moni8324,

Have you got any other accounts on the machine? Is the machine connected to the Network when we sign-in with Microsoft Account?

If you have got other accounts on the machine, we could login with another account then check the symptom again.

If this is the only account, we could try to login in safe mode. Keep pressing "shift" and restart the machine,  "Troubleshoot", "Advanced", "Startup Options", restart, choose "Safe mode with Network". Try to login again.

If the issue persists, choose "command prompt" in Window Recovery environment("Troubleshoot", "Advanced", "Command Prompt") then run "net user administrator /active:yes" to active the built-in "Administrator" account. Then try to login with the administrator account.

Of course, we could choose "System restore" if you have enabled "System restore" feature.
    Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 10, 2017 2:23 AM
  • Can you sign in from phone or other computer with your Microsoft account credential?

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Friday, March 10, 2017 2:35 AM