ms-opaque in sip contact and there is hold re-invite problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have sip server connect to SBC and then reach lync server .

The path is   sip phone <>my sip server <>SBC<> lync server .

I find if the call from lync server , there is ms-opaque parameter in the sip contact at sip invite message .

Then if this call is hold ,the hold request/re-invite will use this ms-opaque parameter in SIP uri , if there is no ms-opaque parameter in hold request /sip-reinvite. The lync server will return 486 busy here error and hold will not work.

In simply , the inbound from lync server > SBC> my sip server>sip phone , the voice call is work. and hold request is working from sip phone (my sip server) .

But if the call is outbound , the call path sip phone >my sip server >SBC> lync server , the voice call is working but the hold request is not working from sip phone (my sip server) and lync server return 486 busy here .

It seem lync server only accept hold request/re-invite if the sip uri present ms-opaque ......

Any suggestion how to fix this in lync as I think I cannot append ms-opaque in my sip server for hold request as it is lync special sip parameter.

Please advise .

Sunday, April 3, 2016 9:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try to modify the manipulation rules and assign against both Lync and Trunk IP groups on the SBC side.

These manipulation rules will change the hold method from “inactive” to “sendrecv” before sending it to PSTN. And it will change the hold method to “inactive” instead of “sendrecv”, before sending it to Lync Mediation Server.

Here is a similar case may help you:

https://thamaraw.com/2016/02/26/fixing-pstn-music-on-hold-in-lync-when-audiocodes-m800-in-use/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Eason Huang Thursday, April 14, 2016 3:14 AM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 6:39 AM