Can only edit a page in a Wiki site in raw HTML (reprise) RRS feed

• Question

• Following up on a previous question that wasn't answered...

In that thread (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointsocialcomputing/thread/b69b7764-c972-461d-b3ea-cce59809e259), MikeE (Zensible) asked

A particular user can logon to SharePoint 2007 companyweb site Wiki and create a new page. However, when he tries to edit the page (or any page) it opens up the editor in raw HTML only. He cannot get the wysiwyg (rich text?) editor. He is using IE7 but the same happens in all browsers. Any ideas?? THanks!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having basically the same problem... EXCEPT...

1.  It switches back and forth between the rich text editor (RTE) and the raw HTML.
    2.  I'm not a software developer and only have standard office-type applications.

When I'm in the RTE I get the normal buttons including the one that will let me pop-up a window with raw HTML (source).  But when I'm in the raw HTML, there's no way (that any of the people who have looked at this) can find to get to the RTE.  Unlike the user MikeE mentions, the editor switches ad forth for me.  As far as we can tell, it's associated with nothing that I do.  It appears to change when I get MS patches pushed through our corporate system (but only sometimes).  It will switch as often as twice a day (rare) or every two to three weeks. 

I am not a developer.  I have Windows7 and am using SharePoint2007 and MS Office2007. 

I don't think I'll be able to get anyone to fix the patches so they don't do this.  So, what I'm looking for is a switch I can make -- a setting in IE or resedit???

Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• <p>Following up on a previous question that wasn't answered...</p><p>In that thread, MikeE (<a href="http://social.technet.microsoft.com/profile/zensible/?ws=usercard-mini" target="_blank">Zensible</a>) asked</p><p><em>A particular user can logon to SharePoint 2007 companyweb site Wiki and&nbsp;create a new page. However, when he tries to edit the page (or any page) it opens up the editor in raw HTML only. He cannot get the wysiwyg (rich text?) editor. He is using IE7 but the same happens in all browsers. Any ideas?? THanks! </em></p><hr class="sig" /><p>I'm having basically the same problem... EXCEPT... it switches back and forth between the rich text editor (RTE) and the raw HTML.&nbsp; (When I'm in the RTE I get the normal buttons including the one that will let me pop-up a window with raw HTML (source).&nbsp; But when I'm in the raw HTML, there's no way (that any of the people who have looked at this) can find to get to the RTE.&nbsp; Unlike the user MikeE mentions, the editor switches back and forth for me.&nbsp; As far as we can tell, it's associated with nothing that I do.&nbsp; It appears to change when I get MS patches pushed through our corporate system (but only sometimes).&nbsp; It will switch as often as twice a day (rare) or every two to three weeks.&nbsp; I am <em><strong>not </strong></em>a developer.&nbsp; I have Windows7 and am using SharePoint7 and MS Office </p>
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:15 PM
  • Hi Robin,

First of all, the WYSIWYG editor doesn’t work at all in Chrome (or Firefox, or Safari, or any other web browser, besides IE). Second, your problem is may be caused by the IE version. If you are on Windows 7 using Internet Explorer x64, try loading up the page in Internet Explorer 32 bit.

You can refer to the following link.

http://blog.newslacker.net/2011/04/moss-2007-sharepoint-rich-text-editor.html

Thanks,

Jack

Monday, May 28, 2012 4:54 AM
  • Hi, Jack.

Thanks for the response.  I'll try that.  (I'm using Internet Explorer 8 64 bit on Windows 7.)  I'll check the blog link you gave and try loading in 32 bit.

- Robin

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 2:36 PM
  • Hi.  This did solve the problem.  Yeay!

Using the 32 bit version of Internet Explorer (IE) solves the problem.  I can go to the same SharePoint2007 site in the 32 bit version, and I'll get the WYSIWIS or RTE version of the editor.  But, if I look at the same SharePoint2007 site in the 64 bit version of IE, I get the raw HTML editor.

Thank you!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:25 PM