"Input string was not in a correct format." in MOSS 2007 RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

Please make sure that you are entering correct kind of values in your list item.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 5:00 AM
  • Thanks Rahul for your reply.

We are sure that input being provided is in proper format. Basically we are trying to update Title field (which i beleive is type of String).

For testing purpose I also tried entering numeric values but all the times error is same.

If i make a fresh entry to the list and also for other entries in the list update is possible.

Pls advice :)

Naveed.DG SharePoint Administrator
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 1:37 PM
  • From the stacktrace it seems that you are trying to convert a string value to number ??

If so, ensure that string contains an expected string, i.e. something which gets converted to number without exception.

Priyanka
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:11 PM
  • I agree with you Priyanka, indeed stacktrace tells "String is being converted to number" and I really wonder why it has been coded this way.

In the entry only, Title is Required field and by all means it has to be string only. I removed all other entries and tried with only Title filed at no avail.

I am not a developer and hence wondering around this issue. Can you please advice a little more on this ? Which file do i need to rig up to find why it is converting String to Number etc...? or what is the acceptable string value (sample example)

Thanks

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:24 PM
  • I assume that you are using the OOB sharepoint Edit page to edit the item.

Based on this assumption:

1) Are you using any special character in the title's  value?

2) Did you tried creating a new custom list (with only title column) and tried updating the value for the same ?

3) Are there any event handlers associated with the List. You can check the same using sharepoint Event manager available on codeplex.

• Proposed as answer by star.warsModerator Friday, December 30, 2011 7:50 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, January 2, 2012 10:45 AM
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, January 2, 2012 10:45 AM sig asking people to mark the post removed
    • Edited by priyanka8275 Monday, January 2, 2012 11:05 AM sig removed
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:25 AM
  • Thank you so much priyanka....

I will discuss above points with my development team and will post back. Request to keep this thread unanswered untill then.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:38 PM