none
sharepoint to AD photo sync

Question

• We are in the process of syncing photos from SharePoint to AD. however the AD attribute size limit is an issue. I belike anything over 10 kb doesn't sync. Any ideas around this?
    Friday, March 03, 2017 3:05 AM

All replies

• Hi RedNerd

Please execute below command after successfully configure profile sync in CA.<o:p></o:p>

Update-SPProfilePhotoStore -CreateThumbnailsForImportedPhotos 1 -MySiteHostLocation

Thanks & Regards

lalith

-------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark as Answer, if my solution helps you.<o:p></o:p>

• Edited by kirank.gutthi Friday, March 03, 2017 3:39 AM Invalid char appeared
    Friday, March 03, 2017 3:38 AM
  • we have run this company and a new sync and it doesn't seem to have changed the behavior at all. In AD we see this file is to large under the property.
    Friday, March 03, 2017 4:50 AM
  • Hi,

I recommend to use a smaller photo for a test to see if the sync could work for narrowing down the issue scope.

If the sync works with smaller photo, then the size would be an issue. You need to re-set the photo in SharePoint to make it work.

If the sync does work with smaller ones, then there might be some other issue affecting this.

We need to check ULS log for further research.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 06, 2017 12:02 PM