ACT Microsoft Compatibility Toolkit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We currently have some older applications which we wanted to put through the application and compatibility toolkit.

I cannot get a new version of ACT or even an old version, can someone please point me towards a location where I can download ACT ?

Thanks in advance

Monday, March 2, 2020 3:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.6 download link has been removed from Microsoft download center. Because this tool is used for Windows 7 and Windows Vista, those versions of Windows haven end of support.

Now we need to download and install the latest Windows ADK, application compatibility tools has been included in it.

Download and install the Windows ADK

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install

Regards

"Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

• Marked as answer by Pappagussepi Tuesday, March 3, 2020 7:49 AM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2020 2:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.6 download link has been removed from Microsoft download center. Because this tool is used for Windows 7 and Windows Vista, those versions of Windows haven end of support.

Now we need to download and install the latest Windows ADK, application compatibility tools has been included in it.

Download and install the Windows ADK

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install

Regards

"Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

• Marked as answer by Pappagussepi Tuesday, March 3, 2020 7:49 AM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2020 2:49 AM
  • Thank you, much appreciated
    Tuesday, March 3, 2020 7:49 AM