none
dpm 2012 sp1 - error during setup with remote SQL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm trying to setup DPM with remote SQL 2008 R2 server, but I cannot go through prerequisities check - setup give me the following error:

Failed to perform check. See the log file for details.

In log I see this:

[7/11/2013 12:16:26 AM] Data : checkId = RemoteDbMsi
    [7/11/2013 12:16:26 AM] Information : Running the check: RemoteDbMsi
    [7/11/2013 12:16:26 AM] Information : Getting the check for the checkId : RemoteDbMsi
    [7/11/2013 12:16:26 AM] Information : Calling the method: CheckRemoteDbMsi
    [7/11/2013 12:16:26 AM] Information : Check whether the remote DB msi has been installed.
    [7/11/2013 12:16:26 AM] * Exception :  => System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found.

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32ErrorStatic(Int32 errorCode, String str)
       at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenRemoteBaseKey(RegistryHive hKey, String machineName)
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Inspect.InspectPrerequisites.CheckRemoteDbMsi(InspectContext context)
    [7/11/2013 12:16:26 AM] * Exception : Failed to perform the check => System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Exceptions.BackEndErrorException: exception ---> System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found.

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32ErrorStatic(Int32 errorCode, String str)
       at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenRemoteBaseKey(RegistryHive hKey, String machineName)
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Inspect.InspectPrerequisites.CheckRemoteDbMsi(InspectContext context)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    *** Mojito error was: CouldNotAccessRemoteRegistry; 0; None
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Inspect.Inspect.RunCheck(String checkId)
    [7/11/2013 12:16:26 AM] Information : Adding the check result entry for checkId: RemoteDbMsi and result: 1
    [7/11/2013 12:16:26 AM] Information : Got Error Message: Failed to perform the check.See the log file for details and try again.
    [7/11/2013 12:16:26 AM] Data : Result = 1

I'm running the setup as Domain Admins member with "run as admin", the account I use for remote SQL connection is in local Administrators group on both dpm and sql server, as well as it has SQL sysadmin role defined.

On SQL server there is 'DPM Remote SQL Prep' installed, on DPM sever there are SQL client tools and management studio installed. Nothing has helped...

Can someone help?
    Thanks!

R.*

• Edited by R.Vojtek Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:22 PM
    Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:18 PM

Answers

• Gosh! On SQL server there were "Remote Registry" service disabled...

Now the setup is working fine. Shame on me! :)

R.*

• Marked as answer by R.Vojtek Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:07 AM
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:06 AM