none
Only show select Applications during the Windows Deployment Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• By setting SkipApplications=NO in the CustomSettings.ini, it will show all applications listed in the Deployment Workbench during the Wizard. You can slim down the list by selecting "Hide this application in the Deployment Wizard". 

Instead of going through all the applications and only leave a few (I'm looking to give Office options 2010, 2013, 2016, etc), is there a way to code only showing a few instead of hiding what I don't want to see?

Monday, December 12, 2016 2:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• The question is not clear to me.

Hidden is the MDT design for what is or is not shown on the wizard page.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

• Marked as answer by TedRed Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:05 PM
    Monday, December 12, 2016 10:34 PM
  • To clarify the question is not to have to go through the entire catalog of applications and mark them all hidden and continue to do so in the future, but rather have the ability to only select three or four applications to only show during the wizard.  There may be no other way to do it, but thought to ask.  Like maybe having a selection profile and put something in the customsettings indicating this selection profile is the only applications to show.

It seems counter intuitive to hide all but a few.  It's like instead of saying my favorite soda is Coca-Cola, I would give you all the sodas I do not like leaving Coca-Cola.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 1:12 PM
  • IN that case, you can use selection profiles to enable/disable folders in the application tree and dynamically assign them at cs.ini time. 

WizardSelectionProfile = MyProfile001

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 4:29 PM
  • This might to work along with the hidden feature as the current setup of Applications is created at the Applications folder level, then copy into folders as needed based on operating system for future Linked Deployment Shares and not bring the entire catalog over.  Unless we created a new folder under Applications called "All" or whatever and then disabled that folder

Does disabling a folder impact if the app is called later in the task sequence?

So it appears we do have to hide them all except for the ones we want to show and if only want app 1 and 2 to show for this task sequence and app 3 and 4 for the other, can use the WizardSelectionProfile = MyProfile001 x2 in the customsettings.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 6:06 PM
  • I ended up hiding all apps from the Deployment Wizard, creating a new Application Group called "Additional Software" and anything I want to select during the image process, I'll put in there and unhide.
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:05 PM