Multiple Installations of SCE 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• What is the technical limitations of configuring two SCE 2007 installations?  I was thinking of installing one copy in each of our Offices to manage, monitor, and update the PCs in that office.  I am not too concerned about the central management of SCEs.  I would be perfectly content with two separate installs that have no communication with each other at all.  Can this be done at all?  I would not mine installing all agents for each manually.  I really like the feature set that the product has and after running previous incarnations of MOM and MOM Express Edition would like to run SCE 2007 but was curious to know why there can not be two versions running in one domain.

--Tracy

Thursday, July 5, 2007 3:15 AM

Answers

• I appreciate your concerns, but the supported route would be the enterprise platform where you'd have role-based security available to support your branch office admin scenarios.

I dont know that the limitation is a technical one, but is definitely unsupported and may be mentioned in the EULA. If you install SCE using the Group Policy option, the service connection point written to the Active Directory domain partition will prevent other installations in the same domain.

Thursday, July 5, 2007 6:29 AM