Inserted custom properties get removed after accept all revision RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all

I have a document in which when I accept all revision in document my added custom properties get flushed off (but actually I have not delete them)

I have tried to repair that DOCX document but failed to get it

How to resolve this issue

Thanks

Prasad

Saturday, December 19, 2015 12:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Prasad,

According to your description, this issue is related to Word, the Word IT Pro Discussions forum is the better place for this issue and we will move it there for you.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 21, 2015 8:27 AM
  • Hi Prasad,

Did you insert the Custom Properties with Fields? Such as DocProperty field? If yes, I tried to reproduce this issue with Word 2016/Word 2013, but failed. Would you like to share us a sample file? We can understand your issue more cleanly.

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 6:55 AM
  • Have you lost the actual document property or is it no longer showing in the text, where you inserted it?

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:50 AM
  • Thanks George and Stefan 

Here i am giving a link to sample file which will delete inserted custom values after accepting all track changes

http://1drv.ms/22WI4GT

Please help to get issue resolved

Thanks

prasad

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 7:03 AM
  • I have examined the document in the link. It contains changes that have not been accepted. If I accept those changes, the DOCPROPERTY fields remain. Your custom document properties (of which there are many) are likewise retained.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 9:07 AM
  • Thanks Macropod

if you observe in the document you will see only some of the custom properties get removed after acept all revisions, what should i do or what type of change should i do to make the field remain after accept all changes

Pleaes help

Thanks

prasad

Thursday, January 14, 2016 9:05 AM
  • Your document has 122 custom document properties all of which are retained when changes are accepted.

Your document also has numerous DOCPROPERTY fields, some of which were deleted and a new field with the same code inserted. For example, in the cell adjoining 'Eff. Date', you have two revisions:

ard16, 7/12/2015 1:24:00 PM deleted:
    DOCPROPERTY  Doc_eff_Date  \* MERGEFORMAT

ard16, 7/12/2015 1:25:00 PM inserted:
    DOCPROPERTY  Doc_eff_Date  \* MERGEFORMAT

The only difference between the two is that one has an extraneous space before the field code and the other has one after it.

It's not clear why, when changes are accepted, the deleted fields disappear along with their replacements.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Edited by macropodMVP Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:42 AM Correction
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:05 AM
  • Hello Macprod
       Thanks for reply and suggestion. I think if the custom properties are align side by side and if we delete any property while track changes are ON other property also get delete when accept all changes.
    I think it is the word behaviour, what we can do is, if we can keep a single space between these two custom proerties the issue flies away.
    Now in that document please check for 'DOCPROPERTY  Author  \* MERGEFORMAT' perperty, there are no two properties exist and still it Disappear when i accept all changes.
    Could you please suggest something workaround

Thanks
    Prasad

Friday, January 15, 2016 5:32 AM
  • I suspect that your document has some form of corruption.

I wrote a macro to individually accept insertions & deletions, but it falls over with any insertions in the header. Furthermore, a macro I posted in MS Answers for exporting revisions to Excel (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-word/possible-to-export-word-track-changes-information/e0dee9dc-aedb-41d3-92bf-8dc609cc75af?page=2 ) fails to export revision details from any cell in your header table other than B3.

It appears you will need to recreate the document. You might also try to avoid modifying or updating field codes when tracking changes - merely updating the document properties should not require that.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Friday, January 15, 2016 7:07 AM