none
project server 2007 domain migration issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i recently tried migrating the domain Project Server 2007(only the name , the machines on which it was installed remains the same) , we followed the steps provided in the following link

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2009/06/22/project-server-2007-migration-from-one-domain-to-another.aspx

But after all the process have been completed the name of the administrator account under  Manage PWA remains the same and is grayed out hence we cannot edit it directly , any suggestions how to achieve that???

Also the old admin account which is in the old domain is going to be deleted soon so will it effect the processes carried out by the PWA if we cannot change that????

We have already checked that all the services are working under the new Administrator account.

We are using

WSS3.0

SQl server 2005

PS 2007

Thanks & regards

Atul Lal

• Edited by Atul Lal Friday, November 22, 2013 11:28 AM
    Friday, November 22, 2013 11:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am facing two problems post migration of domain for project server

refer "http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/c5e9ce77-22a7-490a-8902-3acbafc8d4c2/project-server-2007-domain-migration-issue?forum=projectserver2010general#c5e9ce77-22a7-490a-8902-3acbafc8d4c2"

1) I am not able to provision a PWA site

2) I am not able to take farm backup of SharePoint using central admin.

Kindly suggest how to solve this issue

Thanks & Regards

Atul Lal

Thursday, November 28, 2013 10:45 AM
  • Hi Atul,

How come you are trying to provision a new PWA site after the domain migration? The PWA site will still be there?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Friday, November 29, 2013 11:45 AM
  • Hi ,

Yes the PWA site is there and works fine , but there is a requirement to provision another instance of PWA on the same environment and I am not able to create a new PWA.

Here is what is happening

I can create an SSP , I can create a web application but I cannot create a PWA niether can I take a back up of the SharePoint.

while creating PWA it throws an error that it cannot access sharpoint_config database.

while taking backup it throws an Operating system error code 3.

when I deactivated the old domain account it to test whether migration was proper , we found that the PWA was functioning properly.

when I deactivated the new domain account , the PWA still opens which Ideally should not as all the services are using the new domain account.

So the issue as per my understanding is that the SharePoint databases somehow couldn't bind to the new userid.

I don't know how to resolve this.

Kindly suggest how to resolve this or may be provide me steps to do it properly.

Thanks & Regards

Atul Lal

• Edited by Atul Lal Friday, November 29, 2013 4:43 PM
    Friday, November 29, 2013 4:42 PM
  • Have you update all of the farm services accounts correctly? Seems odd you get an error access the config DB. What do you see if the SQL logs, what account is getting access denied to that DB?

Paul

Friday, November 29, 2013 4:51 PM
  • Yes farm services are configured correctly as the farm services are using the new domain account.

the ULS logs are like this

Set service status to SERVICE_STOPPED
    CSsoResourceManagerCache cannot find SSO connection string value in the registry!
    Error code is: -2147024809
    ForceRefreshOfSPSResMgr() failed.  This may be ok if SSO has not been configured yet and the run-as service gets an access denied
    CSsoResourceManagerCache cannot find SSO connection string value in the registry!
    Error code is: -2147418113
    CSsoResourceManagerCache has set SSO connection string value to be empty ...  SSO is not configured any more.
    CSsoResourceManagerCache::Refresh Failed!
    CSsoResourceManager failed to get Connection String from the cache!
    IResourceManager::CreateSession() failed, we will call IResourceManager::Refresh() to refresh and try again
    CSsoResourceManagerCache has set SSO connection string value to be empty ...  SSO is not configured any more.
    IResourceManager::Refresh() failed
    ConnectToSSODBUsingSPSResMgr() failed
    IResourceManager::CreateSession() failed and SSO is not configured, so returning SSO_E_SSO_NOT_CONFIGURED
    Error code is: -2140993974
    CSSOService::ConnectToSSODB() failed
    Destroying CCommandEx
    Destroying CSessionEx
    ::GetSSOConfig() failed
    CSSOService::RefreshSSOConfigIfStale setting SSO as Not Configured, returning SSO_E_SSO_NOT_CONFIGURED
    CSSOService::RefreshSSOConfigIfStale() failed
    CRPCService::ServiceStatusHandler: status set to SERVICE_CONTROL_INTERROGATE
    CRPCService::ServiceStatusHandler: status set to SERVICE_CONTROL_NETBINDADD
    CRPCService::ServiceStatusHandler: status set to SERVICE_CONTROL_NETBINDDISABLE
    CRPCService::ServiceStatusHandler: status set to SERVICE_CONTROL_NETBINDENABLE
    CRPCService::ServiceStatusHandler: status set to SERVICE_CONTROL_NETBINDREMOVE
    CRPCService::ServiceStatusHandler: status set to SERVICE_CONTROL_PARAMCHANGE
    CRPCService::ServiceStatusHandler: status set to SERVICE_CONTROL_PAUSE
    Set service status to SERVICE_RUNNING
    CRPCService::ServiceStatusHandler: status set to SERVICE_CONTROL_INTERROGATE
    CRPCService::ServiceStatusHandler: status set to SERVICE_CONTROL_NETBINDADD
    CRPCService::ServiceStatusHandler: status set to SERVICE_CONTROL_NETBINDDISABLE
    CRPCService::ServiceStatusHandler: status set to SERVICE_CONTROL_NETBINDENABLE
    CRPCService::ServiceStatusHandler: status set to SERVICE_CONTROL_NETBINDREMOVE
    CRPCService::ServiceStatusHandler: status set to SERVICE_CONTROL_PARAMCHANGE
    CRPCService::ServiceStatusHandler: status set to SERVICE_CONTROL_PAUSE
    Set service status to SERVICE_RUNNING

Saturday, November 30, 2013 6:24 AM
  • Do you have SSO configured on the farm? If not, stop the SSO windows service and those error will probably stop. I don't think these errors are related to your issue. What do you see in the SQL Server logs relating to the access denied to the config DB - what account gets access denied?

Paul

Sunday, December 1, 2013 8:38 PM
  • Hi Paul,

I could find these three errors in the SQL logs

1)  Logon Login failed for user <admin> [CLIENT:<local machine>]
      Logon Error:18456, Severity:14, State 16.
    2) Backup BACKUP failed to complete the command BACKUP DATABASE ProjectServer_Draft_A. Check the backup application log for detail messages.
      Backup Error 3041, Severity:16, State 1.
    3) spid186 BackupDiskFile:CreateMedia: Backup device'D:\EPM_Backup\NOW\spbr0000\0000002f.bak" failed to create. Operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified)
      spid186   Error 18204, Severity16, State 1.

The first error very frequently while the other two as its clear happens only while a backup was set to execution.

Regarding the first error i checked that the sharepoint_config database is not set to autoclose (it says false against it)

Kindly suggest.

Thanks & Regards

Atul Lal

Monday, December 2, 2013 12:20 PM