How do I add or change columns in an Outlook 2016 contact group? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

The current situation is when I create a contact group in Outlook 16 (365) the form presented has two columns, First one is name and the second one is email.

When you populate the form from the main contacts list BOTH columns display the correct email addresses identically.

The add remove routine described does not appear to apply to the contact group form and checking all the controls in the ribbon menu in the contact group form there is no option there.

This appears to be a field mapping issue as two different fields are displaying the same data.

I would like to have the name field display the File as field and the email field display the email as it does now.

I wonder if this issue is related to the fact I was using Office 2010 previously and most of the main contact list was generated with that software version.

I believe there is an incompatibility issue between contacts created in OL 2010 and using them to populate a new Contact Group in OL 2016.

I checked back as I had created a previous Contact Group in OL 2010 and this displays correctly in OL 2016.  Take a newly created contact in OL 2016 insert it into a new Contact Group and that displays correctly.

Help please.

Thursday, February 8, 2018 12:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

Before going further, may I know how did you create the contact group in Outlook 2016? What do you mean by "populate the form from the main contacts list"?

If you are adding members from Outlook contacts, the Name field in the Contact Group form is corresponding to the Display Name field in the contacts field:

Please feel free to post back if I have misunderstood anything. You may remove the privacy information and share some screenshots about your problem via OneDrive or send to to us via GBSD TN Office Information Collection ibsofc@microsoft.comPlease involve the thread URL in the email message for easy follow-up :)

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, February 9, 2018 6:46 AM
  • Hi Mark,

Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, February 16, 2018 8:27 AM