roll-up collections RRS feed

Answers

• Sub-collections do not exist in ConfigMgr 2012.

To accomplish what you were doing before you might go and build your "San Antonio", "Dalla", etc. collections.  Then, create create you're 'rollup up' "Texas" collection and add Include membership rules for "San Antonio", "Dallas", etc. collections.

Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    If you've found a bug or want the product worked differently, share your feedback.
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

• Marked as answer by Claud Cutler Friday, March 7, 2014 4:59 AM
    Friday, March 7, 2014 4:45 AM

All replies

• Sub-collections do not exist in ConfigMgr 2012.

To accomplish what you were doing before you might go and build your "San Antonio", "Dalla", etc. collections.  Then, create create you're 'rollup up' "Texas" collection and add Include membership rules for "San Antonio", "Dallas", etc. collections.

Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    If you've found a bug or want the product worked differently, share your feedback.
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

• Marked as answer by Claud Cutler Friday, March 7, 2014 4:59 AM
    Friday, March 7, 2014 4:45 AM
  • Nash,

yeah, I was afraid of that.  I can do as you suggested and do the "include" for the other collections.  Roll-ups were nice as the parent was updated automatically when I added the child.  Now I have to go modify the parent.  It's only a few extra clicks/typing, but it is something else to remember.

Thanks for replying,
    Claud Cutler

Friday, March 7, 2014 4:58 AM
  • You can also use limiting collections. You'd have to reverse your logic though and build from the top down by making a generic rule on the top collection to include everything "below" it. This has the advantage in that dependent collections need only have refining rules in them because they are already constrained in membership by the limiting collection.

It really depends upon what you are doing though as it's not exactly the same.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Friday, March 7, 2014 2:37 PM