none
MPP freezes in team viewer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a project that contains 12 tasks and has about 80 - 100 generic and non-generic resources in the project team.

When I try to open team viewer and scroll down, MPP freezes when I'm about halfway the resource list. The same happens when I try to filter the list. When MPP freezes I am also not able to open any project in Project Center. The webpage keeps loading until I kill the MPP process, after which the project in PWA opens immediately.

I have no problems with other similar projects.

I'm using MPP 2010 and Project Server 2010 with the latest CU's installed. I couldn't find any error messages in the ULS or in the windows application event log on the client.

Does anybody have an idea what the issue might be?

Thanks,

Quint.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 9:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Quint,

Please post the query on the Project Server Forum, you would get a specific reply. This Forum is specific to MS Project and scheduling queries.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectserver2010general/threads

Sapna S
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 9:39 AM
  • I already did that, but since I have an issue with Project Professional, not with Project Server, I thought I'd post it here as well.

I investigated the problem project a bit closer and the only out of the ordinary thing I can see in the project is that the Task Usage view has been used to specify the hours resources work on a task by week. So the hours are not distributed evenly over the task, but have been modified manually.

The project does not contain many tasks, but has many resources assigned to each task. For each resource assignment the hours have been specified manually over time.

(We are aware this is not the way to create a project plan, but this is the information the PMO of the client has now and this is what they want to get into the tool before they start asking the project managers to create decent plans.)

Quint

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 10:20 AM
  • I have created the same thread on the project server forum. For further information please check this thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectserver2010general/thread/b069cbd0-4ad2-4a8d-9d7d-e743a30df6fd/

Friday, June 3, 2011 7:11 AM