none
DPM 2007 Backing Up Windows Server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running DPM 2007 trying to backup a Windows 2012 file server.  The file server has about 650 GB of data.  Have two main share points as the data locations to be backed up with the data roughly even between the two share points.

Having problems getting all data to back up or once backed up subsequent synchonizations fail, and I have to start over.  The failure message references a file path on the DPM server and to run CHKDSK.  Have done that but no help.  I can generally get one or the other share point to back up but not both as part of the same "job".  Do not know if there is a way to separate this into multiple "jobs".

Is this a problem between DPM 2007 and Server 2012, a problem with the amount of data on one server, or just a problem in DPM 2007.  Had similar isses a year or so ago with Exchange 2007 and DPM 2007 but eventually got around them.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

DPM 2007 does not support protecting Windows server 2012 workloads.  Support for Windows Server 2012 workloads was added to DPM 2012 Sp1. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

DPM 2007 does not support protecting Windows server 2012 workloads.  Support for Windows Server 2012 workloads was added to DPM 2012 Sp1. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:04 PM
  • It has worked for a week or so,  Are you saying this was just luck for a while?

Thanks

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:16 PM
  • Hi,

No, I'm just saying it was never tested and is not officially supported, so think about upgrading DPM to get into a supported configuration.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:28 PM
  • Thanks for your info.  I guess we'll look at upgrading.  Doesn't seem to be much choice.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:57 AM